Healthy and beautiful skin is a reflection of our overall well being. Fortunately for us, there are some wonderful natural ingredients that you likely have sitting right in your kitchen that can naturally aid you in the process of achieving it.
Forget shelling out dollars at the cosmetic counter trying to guess what will really work for your skin, and what will be a waste of your hard earned money. Check out these natural ingredients and start beautifying yourself today!
Some healthy fruits for your skin:
- Apple juice makes an excellent remedy for fine wrinkles, cracked skin, itching and inflammation. Apples can be used as great conditioner and toner. They have been used for centuries for their skin-healing powers. Add a cup of apple juice to your bath to cleanse and soften your skin. The juice of apple can be used as breath freshener and can prevent dandruff when applied to your scalp. Use as a final rinse after shampooing your hair.
- Fresh apricot juice is good for sunburn, itching and eczema.
- Avocado can be used as an effective facial mask.
- Banana can be made into an effective and inexpensive facial mask.
- Cucumber is good for treating skin eruptions and bulges and for whitening skin. It can also prevent pimples, wrinkles, blackheads and dryness of the face.
- Guava boiled leaves can be used as natural antiseptic.
- Lemons are a classic home beauty ingredient, and are used to cleanse and freshen the skin and hair. Use lemon slices to soften rough skin spots such as elbows and heels. Lemon slices also help deodorize and mix a few teaspoons of lemon juice in your bath and you will feel fresh the whole day. Lemon juice can be added to your favorite cleanser or shampoo to refresh and tone your scalp, as well as prevent dandruff.
- Lime Juice is very important natural aid for beautiful skin. This treatment will help you to look young and beautiful. It will also help cure pimples. It is also known to help in controlling oily skin, improve a dull and greasy complexion, improve rough and dry skin, relieve tired eyes and remove freckles.
- Mango leaves can be boiled and be used as antiseptic.
- Orange juice can be an effective remedy for pimples and acne. It can also be used for scar and blemish removal.
- Orange and green papaya is used to remove whiteheads, boils and spots. It also contains the papain enzyme, which is effective in skin whitening.
- Peach skin is said to be useful in improving complexion. It can also be made as anti-wrinkle cream.
- Pineapple are good skin softeners which cleanse and rejuvenate dull and dry skin, especially for classic rough skin spots like knees, elbows, and heels.
- Roasted and powdered pomegranate skin is good in treating boils, pimples, blackheads and whiteheads.
- Strawberries can be used for conditioning and skin toning treatment. They are rich in salicylic acid, an ingredient found in many commercial acne creams.